INGREDIENTS – Yields 6 Servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick of butter)
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick®Parsley Flakes
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or cooking sherry (optional)
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium heat.
Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
Add flour Old Bay and parsley; whisk until well blended.
Whisking constantly gradually add milk.
Bring just to boil.
Stir in crabmeat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Stir in sherry if desired. Heat 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay if desired.