- 1 lb. of fresh, green beans
- ½ cup of finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup or more, chopped smoked sausage or smoked bacon
- 1-2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes seasoning salt & black pepper to taste
1. Wash the green beans.
2. Snap off the ends of the greens beans and cut or snap the green beans into pieces. Set aside.
3. Finely dice onion, garlic, and smoked sausage. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan or pot, melt butter.
5. Add in onion, garlic, smoked sausage and chicken broth.
6. Bring to a boil and add in rd pepper flakes
7. Add in green beans.
8. Cover and simmer for 1- 1½ hours. Check the green beans every 5 minutes after the one hour mark. You
don’t want to overcook them or they will be mushy!
9. Season with seasoning salt & black pepper.
10. Serve and enjoy!